Long story short
Beststart HR grew out of our founding Directors’ desire to see HR live up to its full potential and deliver on its commercial, strategic, and transformative possibilities. Since 2007 we have worked with hundreds of businesses, schools and not-for-profit organisations who see investment in HR as a strategic advantage, rather than just a tool to solve employee problems as and when they arise.
Our strong values underpin our attitude to HR consultancy and our career in human resources; our approach to you as our client, partner or supplier and to each other as a team; and how we aspire to be the best HR consultancy for you and your organisation.
Our promise to you is we will uphold our values below and follow our 3 ‘A’s – Attitude, Approach, Aspire.
- Have energy and drive
- When the going gets tough, persevere whilst maintaining standards
- Love doing HR and believe in its value
- Be flexible to try something new
- Admit mistakes and learn from them
- ‘Grasp the nettle’
- Be curious and want to understand fully the situation
- Do what you say you will do, when you say you will do it
- Be open-minded
- Know your skillset and draw on the talent around you when appropriate
- ‘There is more than one way to skin a cat’ - look beyond the obvious and be prepared to challenge the norms
- Don’t accept ‘this is the way we always have done it’, if you can improve upon it
- Apply what you know to solve what you don’t know
- Be keen to master new skills, stretching yourself
- Be in charge of your destiny and want to reach your full potential
- Deliver and, where possible, exceed
- Be positive and encourage others to be too
- ‘What goes around, comes around’ - support colleagues and they will support you
- You are here for a reason - you have a part to play in our clients' and Beststart’s success
- ‘The whole is greater than the sum of its parts’ - work together for the best results
We Understand Your Business
We understand fully the context and dynamics of business and the employment of full and part-time staff, as well as the need for and use of contract staff and workers. Our HR Consultants invest time to get to know your company to deliver innovative human resources that are commercial and results-focused.
We Build Relationships
We know that collaborating with people needs warmth, empathy and often ‘face to face’ time to achieve the optimum outcome. Once we understand the needs, values and culture of your company, you will begin to feel less inhibited and more confident to advance your people strategy.
Everything is Achievable
At the outset, we ascertain what you want to achieve, and we remove barriers, offering alternative routes to your objective. People-related projects can be overwhelming in complexity; we can guide you every step of the way, sharing the responsibility to ensure you reach your goal.
Our positive, hands-on approach helps us work seamlessly with your colleagues, while our independence keeps us objective – a potent combination that achieves great results.
Chief Executive Officer
A Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development Anita has overseen a number of restructure and redundancy…
Chief Operating Officer
Dafydd is our Chief Operating Officer and is tasked with ensuring that Beststart’s business operations run smoothly. He also makes sure that we…
Andrew is a dedicated and commercially focused HR professional with over a decade of experience in various industries and sectors. Holding…
James, who prefers to go by ‘Harvey’, started his working life in the construction industry; starting his own family business in 2003 providing…
With a background in the financial services sector, Tommy worked as Associate Director of HR at British Arab Commercial Bank (BACB) which…
HR Consultant and Mediator
Claire has a strong business acumen and an ability to ensure that HR processes and objectives remain commercially focused. As a fully qualified…
Join our team
Want to join our dynamic and fun team, making a real difference to hundreds of businesses? Click through to read about the exciting roles we have…